Become a Volunteer for our Chapter
Have an interest in participating in West Michigan IIBA? Either join as a volunteer or register to be a candidate to be elected to our board, available positions and descriptions are posted below!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to join! If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else for a board position, please do so HERE.
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors of the Chapter.
- Ensure the Board adheres to its Bylaws.
- Prepare the Board’s agenda with input from the Board members.
- Chair Board meetings and encourage Board members to participate in meetings and activities.
- Keep the Board’s activities focused on the organization’s mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Board’s decision-making process.
- Appoint committee chairperson(s).
- Assist Board members and committee chairpersons to the Board.
- Ensure there is a process to evaluate the effectiveness of Board members.
- Recognize Board members’ contributions to the Board’s work.
- Act as one of the signing officers for disbursements checks and other official documents.
- Promote the organization’s purpose in the community and to the media.
- Prepare a report for the Annual General Meeting.
- Ensure programs and services are implemented.
- Arrange location and logistics for Board meetings.
- Responsible for the overall strategic plan.
- Promote the ideals of the Chapter as well as IIBA Global in the media and community
- File the federal and state tax returns as required by law.
- Give regular reports to the Board on the financial state of the organization.
- Keep financial reports on file.
- Act as signing officer with the President for checks and other documents.
- Manage the accounting of the funds of the organization, its budget and expenditures.
- Keep full and accurate accounts of all organizational receipts and disbursements.
- Receive and bank all monies due to the organization.
- Disburse all monies as directed by the Board.
- File necessary financial reports, tax reports and audits.
- Ensure compliance with local and corporate fiduciary responsibilities.
- File annual financial statements with IIBA in accordance with affiliation agreements.
Vice President Communications & Marketing
- Prepare and advertise all Chapter events
- Prepare and manage communication to external parties - members, nonmembers, sponsors, speakers, and partners
- Maintain Chapter contacts and other IIBA organization contacts.
- Create and communicate yearly Newsletter to members
- Ensure that all communications, including the web site, are consistent with the desired brand positioning, messaging and have a common look and feel.
- Develop and/or facilitate the development of chapter communication guidelines, processes, and templates
- Market through social media all Chapter events, Chapter mission, workshops and other Chapter activities that will result in the growth of the Chapter.
- Promote the vision and mission of the Chapter.
- Develop and manage marketing strategies, tactics, and plans for the Chapter to elevate the awareness in the business community and support the execution of the organization's goals.
- Conduct periodic member surveys to assess the organization’s needs.
- Maintain copies of the organization’s Bylaws and the Board’s policy statements.
- Take official meeting minutes, including all motions and decisions of meetings.
- Record Board attendance and ensure there is quorum at meetings.
- Maintain copies of minutes of Board and committee meetings.
- Distribute copies of minutes promptly and sign Board minutes and corrections to attest to their
- Conduct and maintain records of all Board correspondence.
- Sign official documents of the organization as required.